Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Hello Again!

This is me (formerly This is Bapak of http://www.azharazian.blogspot.com) joining other bloggers reviving our past lives. The truth is that I was, till the last minute, still trying to jumpstart that old blog of mine but I simply could not log in despite having the correct password and repeated attempts. And then I realized I have less than two hours to meet the May 6 deadline. Hence, this new blog.

I started blogging in 2003 and upon reading my past entries again, I must say I have one crappy blog. I last blogged over two years ago. And even until last nite I was still contemplating whether to blog again. You see, I have become very lazy. Of writing. Why those who are my FB friends would notice that I hardly write any FB status for quite sometime now. As a matter of fact, nowadays I am quite active on Instagram, quite possibly because I  find doing a selfie ... err.. very self-fulfilling. (mid-life crisis, much?)

Anyway, since that last entry on April 2013 in that old blog of mine, a lot have happened.

Most notably, we lost my beloved mother in law on May 2013 (such a wonderful woman - Al Fatihah)),

I also left my job in Berita Publishing (with Malaysian Business) to work in a bank in downtown KL and left that new job to rejoin a daily (the Malay Mail) only to come back to helm Malaysian Business magazine - all in a span of four months.

My live my wife (she's at www.azianhasan,com and formerly www.mrsgoodthings.blogspot.com) is now a cookbook author. Suami dia proud giler. Thanks to PTS Publications for the opportunity.

The wifey with her third book ... I was there simply to tolong pegang buku je (suami gila kuasa namanya tu)
As for the three daughters, I am happy to note that they are all of marriageable age in college already. Alia is doing Mass Comm at UiTM Shah Alam (which means she's home almost every weekend), Asma is reading law at IIUM in Gombak (also home on most weekends if she's free) and Arissa is pursuing an animation course at a private college in Damansara (yang ni home all the time sebab dia memang commute from home).

Cinta Hati Kami

As for me, I am already 50 (as of last December) and the creaking bones are feeling it. And quite recently, I have decided to start a new hobby (the girls said its a case of mid-life crisis) of collecting miniature cars. Don't ask me what possessed me to go this route as I am not a car enthusiast to begin with. I just feel like I want to do it. Tu jer.

A Beginner's Collection.
So that's it for my first entry at this brand new address. I just hope that this will not be the only entry for this rumah baru. (But I must say that I feel good after writing this.)

4 comments:

  1. I have three boxes of matchbox cars up in the attic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. Keep em coming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeaayyy!! Dok tunggu2 jugak semalam bila lah Bapak nak post 😊 Looking forward to more, Mior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeay!! Lama betul tak melawat-lawat blog2 otai2 semua.. welcome back and looking forward to more.. still cannot understand the car collection thingy..but dari collect benda2 yang lain baik la collect cars kan...

    ReplyDelete